Scuba Diving Fiji
Here are all of our articles about scuba diving in Fiji. Click the links below! Want to write for us and have more information or stories about scuba diving Fjij? Hit us up at Justin@artofscubadiving.com
Travel information about Fiji
Fiji is an island nation in the South Pacific, with over 332 islands that make up Fiji, with only 110 of the islands being inhabited. The total land area in Fiji is approximately 18,300 square kilometers.
Fiji is also listed as having some of the best diving in the world
Capital city of Fiji: Suva
Best times to visit Fiji: Temperatures are great nearly all year, with highs in the 80s (F), but there is less rain, and a better time for scuba diving in Fiji is between July and September with dryer weather.
How to get to Fiji: Getting to Fiji is pretty straight forward, there are a lot of direct flights from California, New Zealand and Australia, and some Asias countries, that fly into Suva. If you have a layover, its common to have it out of nearby New Zealand.
Visa requirements for Fiji: Visas are not required prior to arrival for most visa-exempt countries, for staying less than 4 months.
Currency of Fiji: The currency in Fiji is the Fijian Dollar
Official Language of Fiji: English is the official language of Fiji
UNESCO World Heritage sites in Fiji
- Levuka Historical Port Town (2013)
Scuba diving safety tips
Keep these rules of thumb in mind whenever you are on or by the water:
- Think safety at all times. Planning reduces risk and gives you more worry-free fun.
- Bring the necessary equipment. It should be in good condition and easily accessible.
- Respect the sea and the weather. Only go out with your boat when it is safe.
- Follow the rules of the sea, and make sure you know what they are.
- Wear life jackets or other flotation devices.
- Make sure you are rested and sober. Do not drive a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Be considerate, and remember that safety, the environment, and the well-being of everybody is a common responsibility.