Here are all of our articles about scuba diving in Bonaire. Click the links below! Want to write for us? Hit us up at Justin@artofscubadiving.com
Articles related to scuba diving Bonaire:
More articles coming soon!
Travel information about Bonaire
Bonaire is rather small and a flat island located at Leeward Antilles in the Caribbean Sea. Along with Aruba and Curacao, they are called the ABC islands near the western part of Venezuela. These islands unlike the other Caribbean regions, the ABC islands lie outside the hurricane belt. The total area is 294 km2 with a population of 18,905. Bonaire is a perfect place for scuba diving because of its fringing reefs.
Capital city of Bonaire: Kralendijk
Best times to visit Bonaire: Best time of year to visit Bonaire is from May to October where fewer crowds, pleasant temperature, and cheaper hotel rates. It is also breezy enough to have some outdoor activities.
Visa requirements for Bonaire: No visa required for US citizens, however, a passport is required which is valid for at least 6 months.
Currency of Bonaire: United States Dollar (USD) is the currency of Bonaire.
Official Language of Bonaire: Dutch is the official language of Bonaire. ,
UNESCO World Heritage sites in Bonaire
There is 1 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bonaire.
- Bonaire Marine Park
Scuba diving safety tips
Keep these rules of thumb in mind whenever you are on or by the water:
- Think safety at all times. Planning reduces risk and gives you more worry-free fun.
- Bring the necessary equipment. It should be in good condition and easily accessible.
- Respect the sea and the weather. Only go out with your boat when it is safe.
- Follow the rules of the sea, and make sure you know what they are.
- Wear life jackets or other flotation devices.
- Make sure you are rested and sober. Do not drive a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Be considerate, and remember that safety, the environment, and the well-being of everybody is a common responsibility.