Here are all of our articles about scuba diving in East Timor. Click the links below! Want to write for us and have more information or experiences scuba diving East Timor? Hit us up at Justin@artofscubadiving.com
Articles related to scuba diving East Timor:
More articles coming soon!
Travel information about East Timor
East Timor is a Southeast Asian country and is ringed with coral reefs rich in marine life. The total area is 15,007 km2 and a population of approximately 1,167,242. Scuba diving and snorkeling to the north coast and Ataúro, go hiking to jungle caves, or wander through mountain village markets.
Capital city of East Timor: Dili
Best times to visit East Timor: May to November is dry season so less rainfall and lots of sun but dusty. September to December is whale-watching season because lots of species migrate through the Wetar Strait.
Visa requirements for East Timor: Visa is not required for the European Union nationals for up to 90 days in a 180-day period when traveling as tourists. US citizens need a passport valid for 6 months.
Currency of East Timor: United States Dollar (USD) is the currency of East Timor.
Official Language of East Timor: The official languages of East Timor are Portuguese and Tetun.
UNESCO World Heritage sites in East Timor
There 0 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in East Timor and 0 on their tentative list.
Scuba diving safety tips
Keep these rules of thumb in mind whenever you are on or by the water:
- Think safety at all times. Planning reduces risk and gives you more worry-free fun.
- Bring the necessary equipment. It should be in good condition and easily accessible.
- Respect the sea and the weather. Only go out with your boat when it is safe.
- Follow the rules of the sea, and make sure you know what they are.
- Wear life jackets or other flotation devices.
- Make sure you are rested and sober. Do not drive a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Be considerate, and remember that safety, the environment, and the well-being of everybody is a common responsibility.