Here are all of our articles about scuba diving in Turkey. Click the links below! Want to write for us? Hit us up at Justin@artofscubadiving.com
Articles related to scuba diving Turkey:
More articles coming soon!
Travel information about Turkey
Turkey is a Eurasian country that lies between partly Europe and partly Asia. It serves as both bridge and barrier between these two continents and has the control of the entrance to the Black Sea. It covers 783,356 km2 of land area and consists of 81 provinces that are divided into several districts with the total population of approximately 79,814,871. Turkey is a wonderful place for you to travel and live due to its rich culture, historical sites, as well as beautiful places and destinations.
Capital city of Turkey: Ankara
Closest neighbors to Turkey: Turkey is bordered with 8 nations namely Bulgaria and Greece to the northwest, Armenia, Georgia to the northeast, Iran and Azerbaijani to the east, and Syria and Iraq at the south.
Best times to visit Turkey: Sprint time would be the best time to travel to Turkey. That would be from March to mid-June because the weather is moderate and it’s the off-season of Mediterranean and Aegean beach resorts. Next is autumn which is from mid-September to October though rain begins at October the water at the beaches is still warm. Summer is very hot which is mid-June to September and winter from November to January is rainy and cold.
How to get to Turkey: It takes hours only to reach Turkey. If from Europe, it takes 3 hours and a half direct flight. There are 2 Turkish carriers that fly direct all year round if from the US.
Visa requirements for Turkey: Although there are countries that require no visa upon entry to Turkey, as Americans you will need visa on arrival and for most countries.
Currency of Turkey: Türk Liras?/Turkish Lira is the currency of Turkey.
Official Language of Turkey: Two major languages are Turkish (official) and Kurdish that is spoken in East of Turkey.
UNESCO World Heritage sites in Turkey
There are 17 World Heritage sites in Turkey, 15 cultural sites and 2 mixed.
- Archaeological Site of Ani
- Archaeological Site of Troy
- Bursa and Cumal?k?z?k: the Birth of the Ottoman Empire
- City of Safranbolu
- Diyarbak?r Fortress and Hevsel Gardens Cultural Landscape
- Great Mosque and Hospital of Divri?i
- Hattusha: the Hittite Capital
- Historic Areas of Istanbul
- Nemrut Da?
- Neolithic Site of Çatalhöyük
- Pergamon and its Multi-Layered Cultural Landscape
- Selimiye Mosque and its Social Complex
- Göreme National Park and the Rock Sites of Cappadocia
Scuba diving safety tips
Keep these rules of thumb in mind whenever you are on or by the water:
- Think safety at all times. Planning reduces risk and gives you more worry-free fun.
- Bring the necessary equipment. It should be in good condition and easily accessible.
- Respect the sea and the weather. Only go out with your boat when it is safe.
- Follow the rules of the sea, and make sure you know what they are.
- Wear life jackets or other flotation devices.
- Make sure you are rested and sober. Do not drive a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Be considerate, and remember that safety, the environment, and the well-being of everybody is a common responsibility.